Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Simmer Down Now: French Onion Soup

After the delicious French onion soup I had at Pracna over in NE Minneapolis today I decided to take a crack at it myself.  Although I did not have any ramekins handy to place the soup under the broiler what I did have turned out great.














Ingredients
  • 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
  • 1 red onion
  • 1 yellow onion
  • 1 can beef broth
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • olive oil
  • Parmesan cheese
  • marsala wine

Directions
  1. heat up pan and add  butter
  2. slice onions and add to melted butter mixture (do not brown the onions)
  3. once the onions are translucent add the evoo and marsala wine
  4. add the beef and chicken broth
  5. cover and simmer for 30 minutes
  6. top oven safe bowls with cheese
  7. broil for 3 minutes or until browned

1 comment:

  1. This is a great. Blog! I'm no cook so I'd like to pick up some tips :)

    ReplyDelete