Friday, April 2, 2010

I'm beginning to recognize a theme...BACON!

The other night I had invited some friends over for a party and didn't realize that I had gotten an RSVP from everyone until about two hours before the party.  After I got finished slamming some glasses of wine and freaking out I pulled a few appetizers together with items I found in my fridge.  They were a hit!

Shrimp and Bacon Egg Rolls


Ingredients 

  • I bag frozen raw shrimp
  • 1/2 lb of bacon
  • 2 cups grated mozzarella
  • 3 cups fresh raw spinach
  • 1 package egg roll wrappers
  • cooking oil (corn or vegetable)

Directions 
  1. Thaw shrimp and peel off shells.
  2. Meanwhile fully cook the bacon in a pan
  3. reserve the grease
  4. chop bacon, shrimp, and spinach.
  5. Combine with cheese
  6. place a small amount of the mixture on an egg roll wrapper
  7. roll up the wrapper and seal with a small amount of water
  8. add cooking oil to bacon grease and heat up pan
  9. cook each egg roll on medium heat for approximately 6 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment